Fujisan : The World Cultural Heritage Mt. Fuji
Mt. Fuji (Fujisan) is the highest mountain in Japan. All Japanese love Mt. Fuji. Japanese feel holy spirits on it, so it is the symbol for all Japanese. Fujisan is the god itself for ancient Japanese, it has been the same now.
Japanese really love to see Mt. Fuji. Many artists, poets and writers have remained Mt. Fuji in their works. Hokusai Katsushika specially remained many pictures of Mt. Fuji. You can understand it very easily. When you on Shinkansen Bullet Train from Tokyo to Osaka, you could find many Japanese who take pictures of Mt. Fuji though the windows.
Japanese love Mt. Fuji.
Mt. Fuji is selected one of three holy mountains and one of 100 beautiful mountains in Japan. Mt. Fuji was registered as the main attraction of the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park in 1936, one of the most scenic spot in Japan in 1952, the historic site in 2011, the World Cultural Heritage in 2013.
Mt. Fuji (Fujisan) and other beautiful landmarks
Description Of Component Parts
- Fujisan Mountain Area
- Omiya-Murayama Ascending Route (present Fujinomiya Ascending Route)
- Suyama Ascending Route (present Gotemba Ascending Route)
- Subashiri Ascending Route
- Yoshida Ascending Route
- Kitaguchi Hongu Fuji Sengen-jinja Shrine
- Lake Saiko
- Lake Shojiko
- Lake Motosuko
- Fujisan Hongu Sengen Taisha Shrine
- Yamamiya Sengen-jinja Shrine
- Murayama Sengen-jinja Shrine
- Suyama Sengen-jinja Shrine
- Fuji Sengen-jinja Shrine (Subashiri Sengen-jinja Shrine)
- Kawaguchi Asama-jinja Shrine
- Fuji Omuro Sengen-jinja Shrine
- “Oshi” Lodging House (Former House of the Togawa Family)
- “Oshi” Lodging House (House of the Osano Family)
- Lake Yamanakako
- Lake Kawaguchiko
- Oshino Hakkai springs (Deguchiike Pond)
- Oshino Hakkai springs (Okamaike Pond)
- Oshino Hakkai springs (Sokonashiike Pond)
- Oshino Hakkai springs (Choshiike Pond)
- Oshino Hakkai springs (Wakuike Pond)
- Oshino Hakkai springs (Nigoriike Pond)
- Oshino Hakkai springs (Kagamiike Pond)
- Oshino Hakkai springs (Shobuike Pond)
- Funatsu lava tree molds
- Yoshida lava tree molds
- Hitoana Fuji-ko Iseki
- Shiraito no Taki waterfalls
- Mihonomatsubara pine tree grove
Other Landmarks Near Fujisan
- Fuji-Q Highland
- Lake Yamanaka, Lake Kawaguchi
- Aokigahara Jukai (Sea of Forest)
Accessibilty To Fujisan (Mt. Fuji)
Mount Fuji has a great accessibility from both Narita and Haneda International
- Mt. Fuji (Fujisan) is laid on Yamanashi and Shizuoka prefecture, and buses to Mt. Fuji are frequently departed from many cities and railway stations throuout Japan, you could get many rout to Mt. Fuji if you search on web. On this page, you can get the way how to get to Mt.Fuji from Haneda and Narita International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take Keisei-line and get off Nippori
Sta, transfer the line to JR Yamanote line, get off Tokyo Sta and transfer
the line to Chuo Line bound to Takao, transfer the line to Chuo Line bound
to Otsuki at Takao Sta, and transfer the line to Fuji kyuko train bound
to Kawaguchiko, then get off Kawaguchiko Sta.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Shinagawa,
Oshiage or Narita, and get off Shinagawa Sta and transfer the line to JR
Yamanote line, get off Tokyo Sta and transfer the line to Chuo Line bound
to Takao, transfer the line to Chuo Line bound to Otsuki at Takao Sta,
and transfer the line to Fuji kyuko train bound to Kawaguchiko, then get
off Kawaguchiko Sta.
- Take Fujikyuko Bus bound to Fuji-Subaru Line Fifth Station.
Fujisan (Mt.Fuji) by the google map
Visit Events, Landmarks and Areas Near Fujisan
Fujisan (Mt. Fuji) is raid on both Yamanashi and Shizuoka prefectuer, so
there are many attractive places for tourists to visit. Why don't you visit
area around Mt.Fuji?